I decided to take the opportunity to sort out the now empty water butts
the turquoise one ( now on the floor) seems to have sprung a leak, so I had to do a bit of shuffling around, the big one (on left) that has replaced it was at the side of my small greenhouse and never really filled properly.
At the side of the small greenhouse I have now put this smaller one. This was between the 2 greenhouses but was not big enough. So we are already for the rain and I still have room for a further 2 if not 3 waterbutts. I currently have 7.
I weeded and recut the lawn edges. This bed gets bigger every year I do this. To be honest the grass is a pain and is forever growing into the flower beds!
Whilst giving it a really good weed I found these
Four banana pups, how exciting. The ground is really, really dry as well, so if it doesn't rain I shall have to water very well!
The bananas are out for an airing and to start hardening them off.
and are really beginning to take off.My maurelli is so big now that I can only manage to drag it out the door of the greenhouse.
My bromeliads, also outside for hardening off
When I went to see Will Giles, Exotic Garden last year he had rows and rows of these, I managed to pick these up for 50p each last autumn and they have really grown now!
I also thought the Cordyline needed a hair cut
I have trimmed it in the above pic, but this is the view we have of it from the cottage. So imagine my surprise when I trimmed round the back and found this...