I know it doesn't look any different but I have dug out loads of old plants and weeds, added 1 Maureli, 1 Hiniba, a red leaved Canna, some Elephants Ears. I have ordered some more plants to fill in the gaps.
But I am very pleased with the start of this.
Further up the garden
mmmmm???I am very tempted to dig out that tree thingy after giving it a good weed I found loads of elephants ears coming through. I dug out a fern from the bottom of the garden and split it half, part of it is now in the top right corner of this bed.
I need to add loads more plants plus it needs loads of compost.
So an on going project!!
Meanwhile the bottom of the garden looked like this
I needed to do something. If you remember my neighbour has attached a trellis to my side of the fence and decided to grow a Clematis Montana up it. I wanted to disguise/hide it so I came up with the cunning plan.
After moving the sleeper, digging out the old plants I had to dig the grass over as I knew The Gunnera needs space, it was very compacted, I have added 2 large wheelbarrow loads of home made compost and it now looks like this.
I have covered the bed with weed membrane as I dug the grass in.
I am thrilled, I think it will be amazing once it starts growing, it was definately ready to come out of its pot!